Oil analysis training benefits both employees and their companies. Over the past few years, there has been much discussion among lawmakers, educators, and corporate executives about the skills gap. A recent study by Career Builder found that for every position remaining unfilled for longer than three months, a company loses on average more than $14,000. So, it just makes sense to think about leveraging professional development to develop the skill sets your company needs rather than waiting for the ideal candidate to appear.
Eurofins TestOil Training Business Unit Manager Tim Skully, explains. “With many positions going unfilled and companies running leaner than ever, reliability training can be a great opportunity for both employee and employer. A proper training program is an easy way to bring new employees with little or no reliability experience up to a level necessary for them to perform their job.”
He adds, “I’ve also seen an increase in reliability training for employees where reliability isn’t part of their day-to-day job; this has benefits for both employee and employer. The employee may be able to spot potential issues from a point of view other than the reliability team and fill in on the reliability team when needed.”
Following are five specific advantages that professional development provides to companies.
1. Improved Retention: Professional development is a good competitive differentiator in an era where more and more businesses are lowering spending for benefits like training. Providing professional development, demonstrates to your staff that you value their professional growth and want to retain them as long as possible. Tim says, “There has long been the myth that when you’re training your employees, you are giving them the skills they need to find a better job elsewhere. On the contrary; research has shown time-after-time that providing employees with opportunities to grow and learn increases employee retention and loyalty.”
2. Increased Trustworthiness and Credibility: Most employees take pride in their job-related abilities. By offering opportunities for reliability training, they look forward to putting their skills to work. New certifications help them establish credibility. Tim explains, “Knowledge empowers individuals to think critically and independently, enabling them to make decisions on their own. This can free up management resources.”
3. Facilitated Succession Planning: Reliability training is an excellent resource for preparing your company's future leaders. Promoting from within is a smart way to demonstrate to your personnel that they can have a long career with your company. Additionally, it can lessen the knowledge gaps that come with attrition and outside hires. “Anytime you are training employees, you are providing them with knowledge that could facilitate a promotion and help with succession planning,” Tim says. “Filling a vacancy with someone that already has the skills and knowledge of the company saves time and resources.”
4. Remotivated Staff: Professional development can invigorate your staff's creativity and break up the monotony of routine labor. It will also generate fresh perspectives and new abilities. According to Tim, research has shown that by investing in training, employees are more engaged in job performance--increased knowledge gives them a sense of responsibility and purpose.
5. Increased Effectiveness: Reliability training gives employees the chance to absorb knowledge from other class attendees. The instructor can be an excellent resource long after the class has ended. Eurofins TestOil is fortunate to have an experienced and talented staff of instructors who look forward to answering questions and helping trainees solve problems on the job long after the class has ended. In a way, anyone taking one of our classes has a mentor for life.
Eurofins TestOil Reliability Training
Eurofins TestOil is proud to offer industry-leading training classes taught by qualified industry experts with a wide variety of options to fit your training needs. So, whether you’re eager to expand your lubrication maintenance knowledge and skills, need to become certified or retain an existing certification, or if you want to get the most out of your learning and development budget, we provide a solution.
In addition to the public training classes, Eurofins TestOil offers private training classes either virtual or onsite that can offer a real value for groups of four or more people. Private training may be the answer if:
- Cost too high? Private trainings are one flat fee regardless of the number of attendees.
- Public classes require too much time? Private trainings can be tailored to length.
- Scheduling conflicts with public offerings? Private trainings can be scheduled to accommodate your schedule.
- Public trainings cover information you don’t need or don’t cover information you want? Private training subject matter can be adjusted to the specific needs of your company.
On the fence about registering for either public or private training because you don’t require or want the certification? Certification is optional and the class still provides exceptional value without the certification. The goal of each class is to increase your knowledge, capabilities, and value in the workplace.
With more than 30 years of experience in the oil analysis industry, Eurofins TestOil, focuses exclusively on assisting industrial facilities with reducing maintenance costs and avoiding unexpected downtime through oil analysis program implementation. As industry experts in diagnosing oil-related issues in equipment such as turbines, hydraulics, gearboxes, pumps, compressors and diesel generators, Eurofins TestOil provides customers with same-day turnaround on routine oil analysis testing. Eurofins TestOil PRO certified lubrication professionals educate the industry on oil analysis through public and private onsite training. These highly experienced professionals provide a variety of onsite services; from collecting oil samples to conducting failure analyses to writing work orders. For more information on partnering with Eurofins TestOil on oil analysis programs or training opportunities visit https://testoil.com. Contact: Michael Barrett 216-251-2510; email@example.com.
With more than 30 years of experience in the oil analysis industry, Eurofins TestOil focuses exclusively on assisting industrial facilities with reducing maintenance costs and avoiding unexpected downtime through oil and fuel analysis program implementation. As industry experts in diagnosing oil-related issues in equipment such as turbines, hydraulics, gearboxes, pumps, compressors and diesel generators, Eurofins TestOil provides customers with same-day turnaround on routine oil analysis testing. For more information on partnering with Eurofins TestOil on oil analysis programs or training opportunities visit https://testoil.com. Contact: Michael Barrett 216-251-2510; firstname.lastname@example.org.
 Career Builder study may be available here: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2014/08/19/Why-Employers-Are-Blame-Skills-Gap