Lubrication Fundamentals & Oil Analysis Basics
TestOil has developed this 1-day training course to be both practical and cost effective. Attendees will learn, share ideas, express concerns, and have fun. This event is considered one of the best educational experiences in the industry for the latest and most critical knowledge of oil analysis.
Fundamentals of Lubrication
- Lubricant Functions - The roles of a lubricant
- Lubricant Properties - Viscosity, Viscosity Index and more
- Lubricant Manufacturing - Mineral oil compared to various synthetics
- Lubricant Additives - The roles of common additives.
- Basic Oil Analysis Tests - How each of these tests are performed, and how to interpret the data.
- Advanced Oil Analysis Tests - How each of these tests are performed, and how to interpret the data.
- Importance of Proper Sampling - Why the location and procedure matter
- Sampling Tools - Different types of sampling valves and how-to use them
- Sample Location - Where to install sample points
- Sample Frequency - A guide to selecting the right frequency
- Sampling Techniques - Tips to obtain a sample for analysis
$300.00 per person.
Registration includes all course materials, as well as a light breakfast, snack, and lunch.
Class Location: Holiday Inn Houston-Hobby Airport, 8611 Airport Blvd., Houston, TX 77061
Expert Instructor: Evan Zabawski, CLS, Senior Technical Advisor
Evan Zabawski is the Senior Technical Advisor at TestOil, he is a Certified Lubrication Specialist with extensive experience training tradesmen and professionals in a variety of fields including: lubrication fundamentals, contamination control, condition monitoring, RCM/FMEA and used oil analysis. Evan is heavily involved with STLE, having been a member for over 18 years, serving the last 8 years as Editor of TLT Magazine, recently joining the Board of Directors and previously serving as editor of The Basic Handbook of Lubrication – Third Edition.