Lubrication Fundamentals & Oil Analysis Basics
August 8 - August 9
TestOil has developed this 1.5-day training course to be both practical and cost effective. Attendees will learn, share ideas, express concerns, and have fun. This event is considered one of the best educational experiences in the industry for the latest and most critical knowledge of oil analysis.
DAY 1 - COURSE OUTLINE
Fundamentals of Lubrication
- Lubricant Functions - The roles of a lubricant
- Lubricant Properties - Viscosity, Viscosity Index and more
- Lubricant Manufacturing - Mineral oil compared to various synthetics
- Lubricant Additives - The roles of common additives.
- Basic Oil Analysis Tests - How each of these tests are performed, and how to interpret the data.
- Advanced Oil Analysis Tests - How each of these tests are performed, and how to interpret the data.
- Importance of Proper Sampling - Why the location and procedure matter
- Sampling Tools - Different types of sampling valves and how-to use them
- Sample Location - Where to install sample points
- Sample Frequency - A guide to selecting the right frequency
- Sampling Techniques - Tips to obtain a sample for analysis
DAY 2 - LAB TOUR
Attendees have the opportunity to stay an extra day to tour our state-of-the-art laboratory. This gives attendees an additional day of education in a laboratory setting. Attendees are able to watch as our Laboratory Technicians perform actual oil analysis testing. The day ends with lunch with our staff. The lab tour has become a crowd favorite!
$300.00 per person
Registration includes all course materials, as well as a light breakfast, snack, and lunch.
Class Location: Holiday Inn Cleveland-Strongsville (Arpt) - 15471 Royalton Road Strongsville Ohio
Call 800-465-4329 for reservation. Group Rate is $99. Use code TES. Room Rate expires July 18, 2017
Lead Instructor: Evan Zabawski, CLS, Senior Technical Advisor
Evan Zabawski is the Senior Technical Advisor at TestOil, he is a Certified Lubrication Specialist with extensive experience training tradesmen and professionals in a variety of fields including: lubrication fundamentals, contamination control, condition monitoring, RCM/FMEA and used oil analysis. Evan is heavily involved with STLE, having been a member for over 18 years, serving the last 8 years as Editor of TLT Magazine, recently joining the Board of Directors and previously serving as editor of The Basic Handbook of Lubrication – Third Edition.